return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Ernie and the Cats

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DestanyF at Tue Apr 20 10:16:37 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DestanyF ]  

Hello, I'm starting to get worried about my cats and dog, and I wonder if they will start to get along...
Myrtle's never liked dogs, but when we got Ernie, she would tolerate him, but swat if he came to close. Then she had her kittens and will seek him out to get him if she finds him loose in the house. Even if he's downstairs far away and kittens are safe behind closed door...
Ernie liked Myrtle at first, and would only want to play with her. Two days ago I had Ernie outside in my lap. A neighborhood Tom came by and seemingly curious, walked straight up to Ernie. Ernie was completely submissive and let the cat smell him. Then the cat smacked him on the nose and yesterday when Tom came by, Ernie started barking and showing teeth. But obeyed me and I was able to control him.
So now my cat HATES my dog and my dog HATES cats! We're keeping one of the kits, and the kitten hissed at the scent of the dog!
I don't want the dog to live in his crate, nor do I want Myrtle and her kitten to live in the bedroom. But I fear for the cats safety, as well as the dogs.
Any one have some advise? I know Myrtle will calm down when kittens are weaned and she's fixed (at least I hope) but will Ernie forgive her? How should I handle this?

DestanyF

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Ernie and the Cats - PHMadameAlto, Tue Apr 20 17:39:56 2004