return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Adoption and tryign to reprogram the current cats

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: AstiLover at Thu Mar 31 11:14:18 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by AstiLover ]  

Here's the scenario: My husband built a large torphy room in our ranch home basement that opens to our master bedroom so part of our room is more or less a "loft" looking into the basement. THis was 5 yearas ago, so ever since then we have not allowed the cats to roam the house at night, they have their own roon and then we can keep our bedroom door open (he works nights, I work days). The problem is, I will be adopting a crippled kitty (will be the only female) in a month or so when she's well enough and I want to be able to let the cats roam the house again, but keep our bedroom off limits (so they don't fall or jump ino the basement). I've tried letting them stay out all night, but they make so much noice tearing aroudn the house and crying at th ebedroom door that I've gone back to locking them up. Well they fight and play hard in that room all couped up and I want to give the new kitty more freedom than that so she doesn't get hurt at night. The litterboxes are in that room and there is no where else to put them so I',m asking for suggestions on how to reprogram my cats to be quitere at night and not want to streak into the off limits bedroom the second the door is opened...any suggestions are appreciated.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Adoption and tryign to reprogram the current cats - AstiLover, Wed May 11 12:59:02 2005