return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

introducing a new cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rinoa05_1987 at Tue Aug 9 13:53:17 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rinoa05_1987 ]  

hello all,
I was wondering if there is a site with instructions for the best way to introduce a new cat. I currently own two cats, both fixed and declawed. one is a 5 year old female the other a 3 year old male. they have been together since the five year old was two and get along like sibblings. problem is my dad is getting remarried and i am stuck living here for four more years and his girlfriend is bringing her fourteen year old, female cat who is not declawed. her cat has lived with dogs but when the dogs got too close or on her nerves she'd scratch them. my dad is considering getting her declawed or getting nail covers to keep my cats protected, but i'm worried about chasing and biting. so i need to know of a way to introduce this cat so that there is minimal conflict between the three of them. any suggestions are appreciated, because my dad would make me get rid of my cats if they start getting really nasty to each other. I'm honestly at wits end with this and could really use some advice, i love my cats and don't want them getting hurt.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: introducing a new cat - PHMadameAlto, Tue Aug 9 20:29:59 2005