return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Does my baby want a friend?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHKitkat at Wed Jul 11 00:19:43 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHKitkat ]  

Hi There,

I think I would wait a few months before seriously considering adding a kitten to your household. Your baby has been through so much and it sounds like she is just learning how to trust you. She needs more time to bond with you, yet she doesn't seem to know how to accept your love.

What I would do is spend a lot of time talking to her without touching her or getting too close. Gradually get closer and start letting her sniff your hand before actually petting her. It sounds like she may be hand-shy since she moves away from you when you try to pet her. Another thing that might help is playing with her using interactive toys. It's a great way to bond with a cat.

Many cats love running water, so it isn't unusual that your kitty likes to drink from the faucet. They think it's fresher that way, even if you have just filled her water bowl. I have a cat that comes running when I turn on the shower and she will sometimes get in the tub with me!

Getting the "crazies" is also a normal cat thing. It often happens late at night but can happen anytime. With 11 cats here it gets very interesting. Some of them act like they are being chased by something. They also seem to see things that we don't........lol

Your baby is also a calico and they can be strange, along with torties and torbies. They can be unpredictable and have a lot of what I call catitude. I love them dearly, though

Take care, and I hope all this is helpful to you.

Regards,
PHKitkat

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Does my baby want a friend? - morverncallar, Fri Jul 6 18:39:16 2007