return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

HELPPPPP!!!! Kitten isn't using litterbox all the time.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: sarahforaker at Mon May 26 20:39:44 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by sarahforaker ]  

Hi All,

You may remember reading my post last week about the kitten who licks me to death. That problem is getting under control with gentle redirection. (keyword is gentle)

HOWEVER, the kitten likes to poop in other places besides the litter box.

History: We have four clean litter boxes in the garage (there is a cat door to get there). I have kept one clean one in the bathroom since she is only 4 months old and may not be able to make it all the way to the garage.

She started pooping on the carpet under the daybed in my office. I always pick it up right away and clean the carpet. Yesterday, I covered the carpet with boxes and stuff so that nothing was left uncovered. She walked underneath the bed and I picked her up and put her in the bathroom that has the litter box and shut the door. She used it.

This morning, she went into my other bathroom and found a towel on the floor and pooped on it. I confined the two cats in the garage for a while and then felt sorry for them and let them come in to socialize. The kitten went into my bathroom which we are renovating and urinated on a piece of paper.

We went and bought Nature's Miracle and I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow.

So, now, I have her confined in a bathroom with food, water, litterbox, etc. How long do I keep her in there? Can she come out and play? SHould I keep her in this bathroom with the litterbox even though I keep all the litterboxes in the garage?

Can anyone help me out here? I don't want a stinky house!!!

Thanks!!

Sarah

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: HELPPPPP!!!! Kitten isn't using litterbox all the time. - ktgirl1305, Sun Jul 20 17:45:36 2003