return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

sweetie peeing in bed

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: heatherf at Thu Aug 28 20:39:26 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by heatherf ]  

Hello to everyone. Here's my situation/problem that i'm hoping someone can give me some suggestions on.
We have a total of 5 cats. (We just got the 5th cat back in October of 2002.
The cat we've been having problems with is 3 years old. She's a Belanese (sp?)who was spayed at about 1 years of age. All was well til January of this year then it started. First she started peeing in my fiance's studio in the back of our house. So the cats are no longer allowed back there. She does always poop in the litterbox but sometimes she likes to pee on our bed, on the bathroom mat on the floor,or on clothes that may be left on the floor. I just had her at the vet over the weekend. Urinalysis was fine by the way. She's not sick, she's just being a little brat! and washing king size sheets and comforters a few times a week is not fun. Nothing has changed in her life except the addition of our 5th cat, Isadore the Manx. All 4 of our cats get along great (they are all indoor cats) but we've had a real problem with them accepting Isadore as a new sister. Sweetie and isadore get along fine however but they don't treat Isadore like they treat each other.
I hate to close off the bedroom to Sweetie and the other cats and the studio but i don't know how to get her to stop peeing. We even put a litter box in our bedroom. How romantic! It didn't help. We've tried the convertible little box and the covered litter box. My vet told me we should have one litter box per cat. I don't know where i am to put 5 litter boxes! (that isn't going to happen). They have 2 and there's never been a problem with only having two. I clean both of them atleast 4 times per day. We live in a city so they don't go outside. We're getting married in two weeks and i would love to be able to go away for a week and not come back to cat piss in my bed or wherever she fancies. She always pees on horizontal services not vertical services so i don't know if that Feliway would work or not. We've tried disciplining her and that also didn't work.
Sorry to be so long winded, but what can i do to get our little sweetie from being such a demon? Other than this, she's the perfect little girl

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: sweetie peeing in bed - PHMadameAlto, Thu Aug 28 21:04:15 2003