return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Babysitting 3 of Sisters Cats

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: statica at Wed Jan 7 22:13:57 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by statica ]  

Hi there,

I am babysitting 3 of my sisters cats for 10 days, 1 boy and 2 girls. The girl kitties are no problem, but the boy kitty has an unusual problem. When using the litterbox, he misses it totally when urinating. He will get in the box and do his buisness, but I guess either he dosent realize where he is aiming or something cause the urine is all outside the box. He poops in the box and everything normally, thank goodness. My sister warned me that he does this, but honestly, I cant see how she can deal with cleaning out the entire litterbox/bathroom and under it every time this happens. I clean their litter box every day (kinda have to with this problem, but I would anyway) and the cats are all used to me. I have placed paper towels all around and under the litterbox and some old placemats cause he will sometimes hit the wall but it only prevents me from cleaning the entire bathroom daily, now I only have to clean half..

As far as their temperment, they have been over here before and remember me. We are great friends! I do not remember this cat having this problem before. My sister does take them to the vet regularly so I assume he is in good health. They have had no other behavior type problems since being at my house. They are acting as if they are at home.

In addition, my sister had told me a story a few weeks ago how she was in the restroom and the boy kitty had followed her in. He was standing on the sink and sprayed her and looked like he was not doing anything wrong when she got mad at him.

I believe my sister is attributing this to old age, he is around 10 or so. While I know that this may be true, I have not seen any of my friends cats doing this, even at 10 years older or more.

Please help!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Babysitting 3 of Sisters Cats - PHMadameAlto, Thu Jan 8 09:50:50 2004