return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I'm about to give up on her

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: newigal at Wed Nov 10 18:36:43 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by newigal ]  

I use Cat Attract litter, and I can tell you, it really works! My little girl now uses the box about 99% of the time.

The kitty diapers...I'm intrigued by those. I might have to check them out, particularly if they can correct a behavior problem associated with inappropriate elimination.

Nancy

>>I'm at my wits end with Calista! P.S. her photo is enclosed (isn't she so cute!)
>>>>
>>Calista is beautiful! It's so difficult to give them up even when you're having so many problems with them. She is definitely spraying to show the other cats that you belong to her. It sounds like you've done everything right as far as working with your vet to correct this problem.
>>
>>I do have a couple of suggestions for you. Not so much correcting her problem but rather protecting your property.
>>
>>#1......put a plastic liner on your mattress so she doesn't ruin that. And then keep your entire bed covered with plastic (even a cheap plastic tablecloth would work) when you are not home to watch her.
>>
>>#2......I've heard of a cat litter, called Cat Attract, which is supposed to make them want to pee in the litter box instead of the house. I've never tried it but that might be something that you could try.
>>
>>#3.......Do like I did with my two cats who have always had a 'top cat position' issue and then started a 'spraying war' in my new house. It cost me almost $300 to have the carpets in my entire house cleaned and I had had enough of their spraying nonsense. I ordered two pairs of Piddle Pants for both cats, 2 for Samantha and two for Simba. At first they objected to me putting them on them and acted like they couldn't walk. Simba took it a lot better than Samantha and he was walking around in them in less than an hour. Samantha pouted and acted like I was commiting a crime for 3 or 4 hours, then finally figured out that she could walk in them after all.
>>
>>Piddle Pants are a cute little outfit with a diaper in them. The diaper is almost like a sanitary napkin, I would say a panty liner size but much shorter.
>>
>>When I went to work in the morning, two cats wore Piddle Pants. When I got home and could watch them, I'd take the pants off. It worked out fine and my carpets stayed clean and fresh. It was that way for a few days. Then one weekend when I was home and they didn't wear the pants, I decided to try them without the pants the following Monday. When I got home from work, still no peeing on the floor by either cat. It's been about a month now that they haven't worn the Piddle Pants and my house is still clean and fresh with no spraying anywhere.
>>
>>I'm not sure what happened...did they figure out that they were wearing them because they were bad kitty cats or what? Whatever. I'm happy with the outcome.
>>
>>I do know that if either one of them starts the spraying again, into the Piddle Pants they go. If they don't like it, that's just too bad. They'll get used to it again and in the meantime my house will stay free of cat urine. This is the way that I can have my cats and enjoy my house too.
>>
>>I highly recommend this to you. Here's the link to the Piddle Pants website. The pants costs about $25 and the 'diapers' are about $8.
>>Click Here: Joybies Piddle Pants
>>
>>-----
>>Ruby and the Kitties
>>Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
>> Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!
>>
>> How wonderful to do nothing and then rest afterwards. Meow!

-----
Nancy E. Wigal
Arlington, VA

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I'm about to give up on her - gocatgo, Fri Nov 12 22:03:47 2004

<< Previous Message:  RE: I'm about to give up on her - gocatgo, Sun Nov 7 08:29:03 2004