return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Please help..!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: newigal at Sun Nov 21 20:38:48 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by newigal ]  

Hi,

I'll give my opinion on your last question 1st. Unless you have lots of friends lined up to take the babies, get the female spayed after her first heat. During her heat, do not let her outside!

OK, the poo question...let me ask this: does one kitten bully, or dominate the other, particularly during the litter box time? This may take some observation on your part.

If one is bullying and bothering the other, while she/he is trying to do their business, this could certainly discourage the victim to NOT use the box, because he/she associates the litter box with being picked on.

For 24 hours, try separating them into separate rooms with food, water, and a box of one's own. If somebody is still doing his or her business outside the box, you'll have narrowed it down the specific one.

There's a possibility that a medical problem is causing the inappropriate elimination. You should definitely consider scheduling a vet visit to rule out any medical problems. Also, consult with your vet, and see what she/he says about his problem if nothing medical comes up.

You have been doing all the right things - keep the boxes scooped, providing multiple boxes, and changing cat litter brands.

Some other things to consider: are they consistently not using one particular box? If so, consider moving the location.

I know you've changed cat litter brands. Have you tried "Cat Attract" brand litter? I've had fantastic luck with it.

Good luck, keep us posted!

-----
Nancy E. Wigal

nancy@cat-urine-odor-advisor.com

www.cat-urine-odor-advisor.com

>>I put this in the wrong thread before... sorry....
>>
>>Hello, I need a little help.. I have two kittens, one is about 9 months and one is almost 4 months. My problem is that someone is pooping all around the little box.. but not in it.. I have tried everything, I tried getting a second litter box, different types of litter, locking them up all night... I just dont know what to do... Also I am not sure what kitten it is because they ONLY do it while we are out or sleeping.. I dont understand. And the worst part is that it isnt every poop... sometimes i dont find any poo for two days, and sometimes i go out for the day and come home and find three... The litter box is almost always clean, and i am just out of ideas.
>>
>>Also one more question a little off topic... anyone have any input on whether it is better to let a kitten go through her first heat or letter have a litter, or just get her fixed right away....
>>
>>Thank you!!! and i hope someone can help me so i can keep my little babies...

Cat Urine Odor Advisor

-----
Nancy E. Wigal

nancy@cat-urine-odor-advisor.com

www.cat-urine-odor-advisor.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Please help..!! - DancingBunny18, Sun Nov 21 18:01:50 2004