return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Need help dealing with rebel kitty!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ellerichards at Thu Jan 6 18:58:02 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ellerichards ]  

Thanks so much for your suggestions! The litterbox link was a great help as well- turns out I was somewhat on the right track but that article gave me some great tips that I wouldn't have thought of. I have scheduled a vet appointment for the beginning of next week in order to check for any health issues. I cleaned and deoderized the areas right after the incidents occurred in attempt to discourage recurring accidents and so far he has not returned to those spots. I will also go pick up some extra litterboxes to scatter around. As for behavioral issues there are only two things that I can think of that may have influenced this radical change in behavior. One is that a few weeks ago I was forced to cut off the cat's access to the area where we keep our rabbit. He and the rabbit were "buddies" but he had started to pull apart her hutch and annoy her in general so I no longer allow him access to her room. I think he could possibly be retaliating because I have taken her away from him. The other major change has been that I have restricted his access from my bedroom. He has always had free roam of the house and spent a generous amount of time sleeping in my bed. However, at the point when the accidents and rebellious behavior began, he developed the nasty habit of doing something bad (ie: running past me at a high velocity and scratching out at my leg) and immediately bolting for the bedroom in order to hide out under the dresser. This happened on a consistent basis and it got to the point where he was constantly camped out under the dresser and it was absolutely impossible to coax him out. Therefore, I decided it was best to just keep the door closed so I suppose this might have also peeved him a bit. I guess I will just wait and see what happens with the vet next week and hopefully she might be able to pinpoint what is causing the problems. Other than that, we're just going to take it day by day and try our best to be patient parents! Thanks again for your help and I'll update you after our vet trip!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Need help dealing with rebel kitty! - AstiLover, Wed Jan 12 11:06:52 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: Need help dealing with rebel kitty! - PHMadameAlto, Thu Jan 6 12:15:33 2005