return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Kitten poops every other poop on carpet....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: superpooper at Wed Aug 24 04:29:40 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by superpooper ]  

I have multiple boxes now. I have already tried cleaning everyday, it doesn't matter. It will be a clean box and if given the chance, 1 of 3 times she will use the carpet by the air vent or power cords behind desk. Boxes in her 'favorite' spots do not matter. I am now a week or two into using a dog crate?. I have her box, food, bed and toys in it. I take her out to play, but still, sometimes she sneaks and poops. I guess I just have to be more strict in making her only choice the litter box, but honestly chasing her and a 3yr old is hard sometimes.
I am down to trying maybe cat attract litter? I think that is what it is called. I am going to look for it this weekend.
I have learned she was abandoned with a litter and the only female. The males in her litter don't have this issue though. They were abandoned too young, and fed with bottles. I learned that if a kitten is weened too young, it may not have learned proper hygine from it's mother. Angle does not have proper hygine. She can not cover her poop for some reason, and after she goes, if she jumps on you she will get it on you. She never gets it clean off her tail. My older cat has tried very hard to teach her, I see her cleaning and taking up with her. Angel just does not get it. I also learned if this is the case for her, that she will never be clean like the other cats or poop 100% in the litter box. That although the other cat may try to teach her, and I may try, we just can't do it like her mother.
So, I don't know. Thanks for your suggestions but I am out of ideas other then a behaviorist, but I have no experience with them.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Kitten poops every other poop on carpet.... - JaimeMarie, Wed Aug 24 06:58:05 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Kitten poops every other poop on carpet.... - assie2071, Fri Aug 26 12:13:14 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: Kitten poops every other poop on carpet.... - assie2071, Tue Aug 23 20:43:52 2005