return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: sweet scoop vs feline pine

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gocatgo at Fri Nov 18 23:26:50 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gocatgo ]  

>>I have used the scoop away and other generic scoop litters for years with my cats. My kitties are all in kitty heaven now and I am starting over with a new kitten.
>>
>>My breeder uses sweet scoop on her kittens after having one get respiratory problems from the scoop.
>>
>>I was wondering if anyone has tried both the feline pine and the sweet scoop and decided which one they like best.
>>
>>thanks to anyone who can answer.
>>
>>kat
I've never tried the Sweet Scoop but I've used Feline Pine for about 7 years now, after having tried various litters before that. Feline Pine is inexpensive, clean, no urine smell and lasts a long time before having to be completely emptied. I usually purchase it at Super Target...a 7 pound bag for $3.99 which will usually last my 4 cats, two weeks. About a month ago when I was in the pet department of Super Target, picking up my usual bags of Feline Pine, I saw some new cat litter that sort of peaked my curiousity. It's called Citra-Max-Fresh and is made from citrus peels. The bag was on sale for $3.99 and is supposed to be a months supply. I added it to my cat's Feline Pine and must say that I am really impressed. I think that I like it even better than Feline Pine. There is no odor smell whatsoever, not even if you don't get the poopies cleaned out right away. There is a slight citrus smell. I think the regular price is $6.99 but that, too, is a good price. I might be changing from Feline Pine to this litter if Super Target continues to carry it. I do know that Petsmart carries it as well, but I don't generally shop there as it's not convenient for me.

For you, I would recommend that you try Feline Pine, Swheat Scoop and maybe even the Citra Max Pet and see what you and your cat prefers.

Good luck to you!

Link: Citra-Max-Pet

-----
Ruby and the Kitties
Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!

How wonderful to do nothing and then rest afterwards. Meow!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: sweet scoop vs feline pine - janome, Sat Nov 19 08:21:17 2005

<< Previous Message:  sweet scoop vs feline pine - crazykittykat1, Thu Nov 17 22:28:50 2005 *HOT TOPIC*