return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Lazy kitten?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: JammaCece at Wed Aug 16 05:45:40 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JammaCece ]  

Hi! I got a kitten from a friend's coworker about a month ago. I love the kitten dearly, but am having some issues. I've named her Jamma (yes, like pajamas). She had tapeworms, earmites, and fleas which she was treated for. Ever since I got her when she was 8wks old, she won't cover her pees or poops. I've tried to teach her by grabbing her front paw and gently scratching with it in the box- didn't work. Also, I have a 2 year old female Beagle. The kitten and dog get along great! They play all day, their quite comical! But this is where the funny buisness ends... The kitten does her buisness where ever she wants. I kept her in a small bedroom for the first couple of weeks- no litter box issues. Now I let her roam the house and she poops and pees wherever she is when she has to go. I have two litterboxes- one in the small bedroom, and one behind the couch( area she poops the most). I also put down newspaper behind the couch, and I guess it helps a little. Just today the kitten was in the living room and pooped behind the table which is maybe 10ft from either litterbox. This is a real problem, since we are renting the house we live in, and the carpet is getting stained up, and the Beagle thinks cat poop is a gourmet treat. I clean the litterboxes several times daily and sometimes she will use them and sometimes not. Is she just lazy, and goes potty wherever she is? Will she grow out of it? Please advise!
Jessica

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Lazy kitten? - astilover, Wed Aug 16 10:41:16 2006 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: Lazy kitten? - PHKitkat, Wed Aug 16 18:32:36 2006