return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Update - so sad....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: catlover101 at Fri Nov 9 21:16:24 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by catlover101 ]  

So here's an update... Winston has basically stopped eating the last few days, I noticed his bones were protuding, but he looked big because he was extremely bloated (stomach was big and hard to the touch)- so I took him to the vet. Vet took one look at him and says she's almost 100% sure he has FIP (he has actually lost a bit of weight since the last visit 3 weeks ago). She drained fluid out of his stomach and I guess it's the typical color of it. She drew blood to test him for it and I'll find out tomorrow morning when I take him in. If he has it, the vet recommended euthanizing him - because the death sentence is basically 2 days to 2 weeks in this condition - especially with him not eating. I'm soooo sad Oh, and now I have to get Bentley tested, because I guess it's quite contagious... I'm glad I did isolate Winston, but I don't know if it did any good. FIP is basically like HIV, where a cat's infected w/ a virus (I can't remember the name of it), but once it turns into FIP, like AIDS, it's deadly. Shelters don't typically test for it or at least the humane society doesn't, as that is where I got my two from and I guess a lot of cats carry it, but are immune.
But, here's the point I wanted to make for this forum. If your cat is pooping outside the litter box, he/she is trying to tell you that something is wrong... whether it's emotional or physical. This is not 'normal' behavior for cats and I would recommend everyone take their cat right in and if everything looks 'o.k.', but you still have a bad feeling - take them back in. Alright... well, I'm done rambling and need to spend some time with my angel tonight before our appointment...

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Update - so sad.... - PHKitkat, Sun Nov 11 17:41:04 2007