return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: strange behavior

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: coneycritters at Wed Oct 22 15:08:11 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by coneycritters ]  

>>She is behaving a little better today. I am still searching for a feline vet.

Ok, first of all let me tell you, I have both a cat and a husband who are deaf and they are both a little jumpy and have some personality quirks! She may very well have just gotten a bad scare, and it twitched her out for awhile. The world is very confusing and overwelming when you are missng your hearing. Things that seem obvious and non-threatening to us hearing folk are sometimes really unexpected and frightening to a'deafy' (my hubby's term, not mine). Annabel (our deaf cat), is very friendly and loving, but she doesn't like to be picked up or petted much unless she comes to us. She has gotten scared a few times by things just 'jumping out at her' or coming up behind her without warning that she wasn't very friendly for days. If she was home alone, she may have been more insecure an if something unexpected happened she ay not trust her 'reality' for a little while. I'm not saying not to take her to the vet, as it may be something medical. I was wondering if your cat is white, with either one or both blue eyes? Most of those cats are deaf, they lose they're hearing just days after they get their hearing when they are very little and it will not come back. Let me know if she's white and I'll post a couple links. Either way, good luck!-- Jennifer
-----
HAPPY HALLOWEEN & SAMHAIN!!!!

And neither the angels in heaven above, Nor the demons down under the sea, Can ever dissever my soul from the soul Of the beautiful ANNABEL LEE

"I saw Othello's visage in his mind,
And to his honours and his valiant parts
Did I my soul and fortunes consecrate."

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  catnip and kleenex`s - evil_kitten, Tue Oct 21 17:33:30 2003
<< Previous topic:  One Cat Goes Nuts When I Go To Bed - Carissa, Wed Oct 15 08:34:50 2003