return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Kitty Obsessed with "Toy"

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Abukuchick at Tue Jul 20 22:18:47 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Abukuchick ]  

My cat Kuma has a very big obsession with a certain "toy" of his. I say "toy" like this because it is really a strip of plastic that came off of a 28lb. plastic bucket of Scoop Away (Its the strip they perferate so that you can peel it off and open the lid, like on a milk bottle but about 3.5 feet long and very strong plastic).

Anyway, he used to love to throw it around the kitchen and whatnot so we let him keep it (who doesn't let their cat play with trash at some point!), but the past 2 weeks or so all he wants to do is play with it. The problem is that now he cannot play with it by himself because he wants someone to sweep it back and forth across the floor for him to chase.

He will either cry at the top of his lungs until we come in the kitchen or find us in whatever room we're in and cry until we follow him to the kitchen. Once there, he cutely puts his paw on it and looks from you to the toy. No matter how long you wave the darn thing around he's never satisfied. It has gotten to the point where he's asking to be played with every 10 min. or so. He won't really do anything else. If someone's in the kitchen, he's going to make you wave it around!

I don't know if I should let him keep it and just deal with all the crying and whatnot or take it away from him at least for a while. He gets very upset when he tells you he wants to play and you don't, but on the other hand, I think he'd be really upset if we took it away! Does anyone know if this is bad for him mentally? Is he going nuts or something? I was just curious because it seems so odd for a cat to be obsessed!

-----
-Martha
Kuma
Bubba, formerly known as "Ducky"
and
Macaroni

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Kitty Obsessed with "Toy" - PHMadameAlto, Wed Jul 21 21:50:53 2004