return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Strange Bed Behavior

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Seiren at Mon Mar 28 19:55:44 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Seiren ]  

Hello. I just stumbled upon this forum while trying to search about my cat's strange behavior. And the forum seems very helpful.

My cat Simon is going to be 2 years old next month. He is a male, neutered, Siamese mix. Very playful.

My husband and I just moved and we are using a different blanket as our bedspread. It is very fuzzy, and Simon just loves it. Every night, he would jump on the bed, and do the "paw thing" as we call it (kneading) on the blanket and purring loudly.

Now Simon has this toy. It was a useless plush cat toy that he hated until we tied a bell to it. Now he just loves it. Here's where the strange behavior part comes in.

Starting a couple of days ago, Simon has jumped up on the bedspread while we are in bed, with that toy in his mouth. He starts kneading. At the same time, he stiffens up his butt, and his tail looks funny. He finds a human leg to stand on, then he seems like he is dancing on it. He stands on our leg (which is underneath the blanket) and just moves his back feet back and forth very fast. At first I thought he was trying to hump. But if he is, he doesn't know what he's doing, because basically he just perches on our leg, and moves his hind feet back and forth while he is kneading with his front. He will do it for a long time, and if you touch him, he will meow as though he is very annoyed, and try to bite.

This morning he did it several times, but he is smart, so all I had to do was say "no!" and he meowed and jumped down. But he keeps trying to do it.

Please note. This is not his normal kneading behavior. Is it sexual behavior?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Strange Bed Behavior - PHMadameAlto, Mon Mar 28 20:09:09 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Strange Bed Behavior - seiren, Fri Apr 1 10:48:01 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Strange Bed Behavior - cheyenne77, Wed Apr 6 06:23:41 2005