return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Strange sharing of nursing and kitten care

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Taleese at Sun May 1 19:16:28 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Taleese ]  

I have a two year old cat named KiKi and she had a litter of two last April, one male, one female. KiKi's female baby, Bootsy is now a year old and she had a litter of five of her own today. KiKi is now a grandmother and seems to want to take care of Bootsy's babies for her. They are sharing the responsibility of taking care of these kitten. It's rediculous to watch them. They keep encircling the babies and the babies are trying to nurse on either of them. I am worried that the babies won't get enough milk because Grandmother KiKi keeps wanting to get in the way of Bootsy. It really is cute to watch them though! KiKi looks so proud and keeps rolling around all over the place, sometimes on top of the new babies,unfortunately. And her daughter Bootsy will put her arm around her mom and lick the babies. They look absolutely silly! Has anyone else ever heard of this odd behavior? Do you think this could be a problem? Should I try and keep KiKi away from her daughters kittens? I know it looks cute and entertaining, but I am worried about the kittens getting enough food from their actual mother, can anyone give me some advice about this!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Strange sharing of nursing and kitten care - PHMadameAlto, Sun May 1 19:45:50 2005