return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Cat is Hissing at Sister

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Tilda at Mon Jul 4 10:00:09 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Tilda ]  

I personally don't understand how anyone can put a flea collar on their cat. Are you aware of how easily they can strangle themselves with them? It has happened, and more than once. If you are concerned about fleas please use Frontline or Advantage spot-on treatment, those are the only save products for cats. Please do not use flea powder either as cats lick that stuff off themselves - poisoning is quite common.

As for Ralph's behaviour, it might have to do with the collar, maybe she got hooked somewhere with it and got scared and is spooked? Or she has an allergic reaction to the ingredients? I would suggest to keep the collars off and see if she calms down/goes back to her normal behaviour. If so, keep the collars off in future, who knows what trouble she had with them.

If she's still acting weird tomorrow or in a couple of days, or even shows other symptoms - not eating, vomiting, lethargic or anything - take her to your vet asap.

She could also have eaten something outside?

I would advice not to let your cats out, certainly not at the moment since you are not quite sure what's wrong with her.

In general, you are putting your cats in danger when you let them out. You have no control whatsoever over what happens to them outside (dogs, traffic, poisonous plants, nasty neighbours etc etc). I have lost four cats to the outdoor dangers, I know what I'm talking about. For my remaining two I am now building a (very large) enclosure in the garden, but no free roaming anymore.

Good luck! Let us know how it's going.

Tilda

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Cat is Hissing at Sister - silentstephi, Sat Jul 2 23:39:47 2005