return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Scared cat!! Need some suggestions!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Tilda at Thu Jul 21 12:29:15 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Tilda ]  

Kristi, have you checked her for injuries? Does she look like she has gotten into a fight? If not, have you monitored her eating, drinking and eliminating? As you describe the situation it certainly sounds like something gave her a real fright - a dog maybe, or some children playing rough with her, or someone trying to take her or even trying to keep her locked up against her will. But you don't know, and it could be something else as well. She could have been hit by a car and have internal injuries - her being away for three days, maybe sitting somewhere hurt, would fit. I would advice to have her seen by a vet, just to be on the safe side.

If she's physically in the clear, why not adopt her completely? There are so many people worried that their cat might run out, and you are worried that she doesn't go out! If you could provide her with a nice home ... why not allow her into your house instead of just in the garage? Why not allow all three of them in for that matter?

It would also be a good idea to have these three cats spayed/neutered, otherwise you will be faced with offspring soon. And really, there are too many cats anyway.

Just a thought ...

In the immediate sense, I would have her checked by a vet first. If she's okay, I would just continue to provide a loving haven for her, as you are already doing. She might relax after some time. But really, do you want whatever happened to her outside happen again? Just think about it, as long as she goes out she WILL be in danger, and you will have no control over it, might never find out what happened to her. I feel strongly about this because I lost my beloved Lucy to the outdoors, and I never found out what happened to her. My cats are indoors only now, but they are not bored as I provide them with lots of play and excitement.

Another thing you could try to help her is Bachflower Rescue Remedy drops. They are for shocks and fear. They might help her to relax.

Good luck! Keep us updated!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Scared cat!! Need some suggestions! - Tilda, Thu Jul 21 12:45:13 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Scared cat!! Need some suggestions! - Kristi62870, Thu Jul 21 22:11:11 2005

<< Previous Message:  Scared cat!! Need some suggestions! - Kristi62870, Sun Jul 17 22:18:59 2005 *HOT TOPIC*