return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Lyre Snake . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: feline hyterthesia syndrome

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: frendly at Fri Aug 31 11:27:16 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by frendly ]  

I also have a cat with Feline hyperthesia. Every vet I have seen so far looks at the symptoms and not the disease, even though I live with him, and told the vet I work for now about how he fits every single symptom. I have been told it is everything from skin allergies to seizures due to head trauma which he does have. No one can explain his bursts of energy, his dimentia, his self biting at his hindquarters. I even printed out information on feline hyperthesia. I have now contacted another vet, who I have already talked to about this, and she actually understands!

What I do for Marley, he is siamese mixed by the way, is I got Dr. Ackermans siezure & epilepsy medicine. You can buy it online at the Only Natural Pet store.com, and the stuff works great! He has only been on it a week now, but it is helping with every symptom. The poor guy is no longer biting himself, he is not doped up, this is all natural. the valerian root, helps calm him. Also at Purely Pets.com, you can buy something else they have, it is a tonic that has alomost all the same ingredients in it.
They also have wonderful articles on this. I refuse to put him on any chemical meds, I have stopped his chemical flea control, they is info on natural flea/tick control with The Only Natural Pet Store.
For heartworms, I use essential oils like lavender in his shampoo, you can also use lavender pure, and just groom it on him, which can be hard with their sensitivity. I can hardly groom this cat, he is actually afraid of the brush, and it is a soft one.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  feline hyterthesia syndrome - marespooscats, Tue Feb 6 00:02:20 2007 image in post