return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Help! Obsessive chewing on owners!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHKitkat at Tue Aug 5 19:42:38 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHKitkat ]  

Hi,

I also have a "problem child", named Jonny Cat. One of our clients found him and brought him to us when he was about 4 weeks old. I was looking for a kitten at the time so I adopted Jonny. He has always been odd, doesn't know how to be social with other cats and has had a hard time bonding to me. He also becomes suddenly aggressive with no warning and tends to be very nervous. Evem the rain freaks him out and I didn't see him for hours after we had an earthquake last week.

He doesn't seem to know what to do if another cat looks at him. I think he often sees this as a threat. Interestingly enough Jonny gets along best with my 2 blind cats who cannot look at him.

I let Jonny Cat come to me on his own when he wants attention and let him try to interact with the other cats. Occasionally I have to break up a fight between him and another cat, or stop him from chasing one of the senior kitties. For the most part, he keeps to himself. He seems to like evenings best, when all is quiet, and I often wake up to him licking my face or butting my head with his. His very favorite toy is one of those laser mice, which us a safe toy to use with aggressive cats.

PHKitkat

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Help! Obsessive chewing on owners!! - Chatanuga, Mon Aug 4 09:58:23 2008