return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

17 year old wailing cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: MyBelle at Tue Aug 12 10:45:28 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by MyBelle ]  

Hi. I'm new to this forum and have read some of the wailing info, but I was wondering if any senior cat owners specifically have noticed wailing more frequently at night as the cat ages? My cat is a wonderful solid black persian mix who has had kidney disease for about 3 years now and he seems to be doing wonderfully. I give him fluid injections 3x per week. He also has high blood pressure as well and is taking meds twice daily for that. To look at him, he looks very healthy and young and weighs about 8 lbs. 2 oz. on average. I have been told by many he doesn't look like a kidney cat and he looks fabulous! I love to hear that! I take him to the vet constantly. We are always going to have something checked, rechecked, or check up, blood work, etc. He used to wail for a while at 5 a.m. a few months back and he would wake me up all the time and then he stopped. The last few months have been great and now all of a sudden he is wailing again all hours of the night. He wails/meows loudly when I come home and I think he's telling me his day. All night he is quiet and sleeping or cuddling with me on the couch, but when I am just about asleep he starts his wailing. I call him to the bed and he is quiet when I cuddle him and keep him there, but then he jumps off and continues the loud wail. I don't think he's deaf, but he might have lost some of his hearing through the years. Is there anything I can do for this? I am going to have constant bags under my eyes if I have to keep getting up all night. when I yell to him to come over by me and be quiet, he will do it for a while and then back to the wailing. He usually picks the kitchen which echos the most! He must know that! haha! I love my boy and I'll put up with anything from him, but if someone could give me an idea how to get him to stop the wailing I'd be grateful! Also, if anyone knows what it means when the cats wail I'd love to know! Thanks!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 17 year old wailing cat - Martisimo, Tue Aug 12 13:37:28 2003
>> Next Message:  RE: 17 year old wailing cat - MunchieScrunchie, Tue Aug 12 14:35:27 2003