return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Peanut is in trouble

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: quill at Sun Aug 21 00:34:01 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by quill ]  

There is such a thing as a " false positive" Which means that the cat tests positive but doesn't have leukemia. for more info check out www.belfield.com. Click on the underlined section on the opening page, wait til the next page pops up and scroll down to the articles on the right. Pick the one that says Leukemia. It's the same with FIV. Once a cat is vaccinated against it, it can't get the disease but will test postiive forever after so if an animal shelter ever gets it and it tests positive they put it down right away thinking it has FIV and really it's a well cat. It's a shame more people don't know this. If it turns out your cat does have FeLv

Subject: Feline Leukemia cured with Transfer Factor
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003
My cat was diagnosed with Feline Leukemia and the vet considered euthanasia. Nefret was about 8 weeks old when I found her. The vet examined her. She was severely dehydrated, malnourished, had a major case of hookworms, diarrhea, and a severe respiratory infection. She also tested positive for feline leukemia. The vet suggested, at that point, to consider euthanasia. We didn't opt for that and were sent home with an antibiotic and a kitten kit.

Nefret was on the antibiotic for 10 days and was still snotty and sneezing. We were given a second course of the same antibiotic. About 5 days into the second course, I came home to find her fairly unresponsive and very warm. I immediately called the vet and was given the euthanasia option again and was told this was fairly typical of cats testing positive for feline leukemia. I asked for a stronger antibiotic instead, said a prayer and went on the net to do some research on alternatives to traditional treatment for this disease. I read about the 4 Life Transfer Factor. I ordered and had the transfer factor overnighted.

Nefret received a dose with her morning food and again in the evening. Her response was amazing. Within two days she was acting like a normal, wild and wonderful kitten. She is a little over six months old now. She was spayed about 5 weeks ago and had a full blood work-up done at that time. Her blood work came back absolutely normal. The vet was amazed and couldn't believe that this was the same kitten. She continues to receive her 4 Life supplement just with her morning food and I will continue that for her lifetime. I now have a bundle of pure energy and joy in my life.

Libby McCourt, Winchester , Virginia

You can get TFP at some stores or over the Internet.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Peanut is in trouble - PHMadameAlto, Sun Aug 21 23:51:31 2005

<< Previous Message:  Peanut is in trouble - schultzie72, Fri Aug 15 12:50:31 2003