return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Raw food diet

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: coneycritters at Sat Dec 27 06:27:24 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by coneycritters ]  

>>Hello
>>I have been feeding my cats a raw food diet for the past few months. It has really improved their health and coat. But I am concerned that it is not balanced. Heres what they get 3 parts meat(either ground steak, or chicken) to one part veggies
>>usaully a mix). In the meat there is about a tablespoon of bonemeal per cup of meat, along with a teaspoon of multivittiam, they also sometimes get fresh fish in there. Am I missing any crucial things or am I okay? Also does the meat have to be ground or are meat chuncks suffficiant?

We fed our cats a raw food diet for awhile and unfortunatly had to stop. We started out with all of them really liking it and we saw alot of growth, coat improvment etc. but then Othello decided he didn't care for it, and stopped eating. We decided to put them all back on catfood, since we obviously had to, with Othello. I would say, use a bit more organ meat, turkey is a good idea too. Also, add a multi vite / multi mineral, extra vite C and vite E, as well as a little seseme oil or safflower oil. We also fed a small amount of grains (never corn though), but not everyone feels that you should. If you can get a little fruit in with the veggies that would be good. Also, feed a couple of soft boiled eggs per week and a little dairy if you like (cottage cheese, plain yogut, cheese chunks). Best of luck to you-- I wish we could have kept it up!-- Jennifer
-----
And neither the angels in heaven above, Nor the demons down under the sea, Can ever dissever my soul from the soul Of the beautiful ANNABEL LEE

"I saw Othello's visage in his mind,
And to his honours and his valiant parts
Did I my soul and fortunes consecrate."

Dance in the burning flame. Pleasure exhumes the pain. The night bursts into flame. Dance Helena, dance!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Lost a baby - Ravyn11, Wed Dec 17 10:14:53 2003
<< Previous topic:  kitten doesn't hardly eat but is HUGE - katieandjay, Mon Dec 15 14:48:45 2003