return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: need help and advice for changing my cats diets to something better....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: kakel at Sat Jun 25 14:56:46 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kakel ]  

thank you for the link! They all look excellent! Nothing weird or chemical in any of them. I did notice the one had flaxseed oil in it where the other's didn't (that's an omega 3 fatty acid which is supposed to be goof for Tiny's condition)...but I did also see one with sunflower oil it is...that may be also...I'm not sure. Looking at what is in the canned I'm not sure fresh is really necessary.

Well anyhow..I ran to the pet store today to pick up food for them. I have to kinda break them in on this canned thing because they have always ate dry so they think they can graze (the little cows! LOL!. They have to get the hang of eating it all in a shorter period of time before it goes bad in the heat....so I didn't want to pull up the dry yet till I was sure they were both getting enough. I've been splitting a can 3oz can between the two of them twice a day....in two weeks I'll pull up the dry totally and just feed them canned.

Anyhow...about the trip to the store...we are sooo lucky! We had a new mom and pop pet store open down the street a few months ago...not like the chains...really goodl, personalized service! I had called last week and requested they carry their favorite toys. They were there today. Then I went looking for food. I got the Nutro Gourmet...they were kinda sparse on the chicken varieties....and I didn't want to give them beef so I did get some that had venison, and another with duck...gonna try them on turkey also. Anyhow I went up to the counter and was telling the owner about my feeding issues and he said he would stock more chicken verities and also told me that if we decided to put them on one of the allergy foods he would be happy to stock it for me. Not only that their prices are lower then the big boys....now wonder that new store is so crowded!
We were also speaking about the brand (can't remember which) that was made with all people quality meats.....the price on that wasn't too bad thru them either and he can get that too. So it looks like this whole food thing will be easier to work out then I had first thought.

thanks for the help!
-----
Deb
owned by Booger and Tiny Dancer and the mom of the late, great Kakel

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: need help and advice for changing my cats diets to something better.... - AshleyElla, Sun Jun 26 17:46:35 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: need help and advice for changing my cats diets to something better.... - JaimeMarie, Sat Jun 25 07:21:56 2005