return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: my persian cats are not eathing

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Midask9 at Mon Apr 7 22:00:50 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Midask9 ]  

Stop the medication immediately. Not only do you not know what illness you are treating, you also do not know the proper dosage for any medication they might need. This is a job that only a vet can take on. These cats are in serious need of medical attention immediately. You are not trained or qualified to practice medicine on them, hoping that whatever you dole out will fix the problem.

You state you have had them for 2 weeks, three more days will make it nearly 3 weeks. Within 2-3 days of a cat not eating, irreverible damage can be done to the kidneys and liver. Often times this is a terminal situation, at a minimum it is an expensive one. Extreme supportive care is often needed once damage is done, this includes IV fluids, force or tube feeding, and more. Sometimes this is needed for the rest of the cats life. If you are not prepared to get stop medication and seek treatment immediately, please return them to their former owner. I can assure you they would rather have them back than have them suffer uneccesarily.

Also please know that having a pet is a gigantic responsibility and can be very costly. Emergencies happen no matter what sort of care is given, and to have an illness cost you large amounts of money is not unusual. This past year I spent over $2000 dollars on a single cat in a months time, seeking the emergency care that he needed. Despite the money spent, he did not survive the ordeal. Having a pet means being committed to providing any and ALL needed care, and being financially able to meet their needs at any given time.

>>hi thnks for your concern ,i didnt say im not giong to take the cats to the vet i said at this moment but if in 3 days time nothing happens with the pills i will sure take them and antibaotics arent giong to do any harm so i dont want you to think im just giong to live them like this thnks krystle
-----
Mia Liger Fluffy Banzai Smudge Hazy
& Midas ~ Golden Retriever and honorary cat

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: my persian cats are not eathing - cristina, Mon Apr 7 12:48:08 2003