return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: my persian cats are not eathing

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Midask9 at Tue Apr 15 21:34:01 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Midask9 ]  

I am sorry to hear that you considered our words of caring and concern as harsh. Many of us have experienced severe heartache over pets, and care only for their health and wellbeing. Please think about this, whatever vet you spoke to needs to be reconsidered. If he is comfortable giving you information that treating a cat with any medication is ok without having at least seen the animal to determine the cause, that is not a vet you need to be seeing. What if it was something serious?? Kidney failure can occur from cats not eating, and he would have never known it had happened, as he didn't examine them. Likely you would have been completely blindsided by it, thinking you were doing the right thing (with a vets ok nonetheless). Almost all of us here consider our pets to be children (even if they are a bit furry). Personally, if I was sick I wouldn't be comfortable taking a dose of whatever I had on hand for the kitties, and if I did take it, I sure wouldn't expect it to work without the aid of a physician overseeing the treatment. Also, you say you work for a medical facility. The medication you gave is a prescription drug, requiring a prescription to be dispensed. How did you obtain the drug without a prescription from the doctor?? I would personally look into that if it were me, and make sure that the policy dictates that meds not be dispensed to employees without a prescription, god forbid someone get the wrong medication or wrong dosage and end up with serious side effects. I am glad the kitties are doing better by the way, so I am not entirely "harsh", I am sure you are providing them with a wonderful and forever loving home.
-----
Mia Liger Fluffy Banzai Smudge Hazy
& Midas ~ Golden Retriever and honorary cat

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: my persian cats are not eathing - Martisimo, Mon Apr 14 08:02:24 2003