return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

My domestic longhair won't eat! (This is a bit long but please take time to read it. I'm worried about my cat!!!)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: foryouonly at Sat Jun 12 23:24:45 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by foryouonly ]  

For a few days now Lily hasn't been eating much at all since we've been feeding her Maxximum Nutrition cat food because she was a bit overweight and she would eat a lot all at once. The first day everything seemed to be fine but all of a sudden she wouldn't eat it. So I figured, maybe she didn't like this kind of cat food so I tried giving her a bit of wet food mixed with the dry food. The first day she had it she LOVED it and was chomping down as if she was starving to death. Then the second day I fed her the same thing, wet food mixed with dry and she ate a little bit but then walked away and I figured she wasn't hungry at all so I left her alone. The next few days she didn't even touch it at all. And my mom said that because we've been feeding her the maxximum nutrition cat food, she has a less desire to eat and she doesn't it all as much. And lately she's been trying to steal scraps from my food when I'm not looking and when I pick her up and lead her to her own food bowl she would sniff it and walk up to me again and whine like crazy. I don't even feed her scraps of my own food and I've stopped giving her treats for a while because I want her to get back on her regular food schedule that she used to be. I even tried feeding her the wet food by itself and yet she still won't touch it at all.
I'm a bit of a worrywart when it comes to my cat. I'm wondering if I should switch to a different brand of food, stick with strictly wet food or just take her to the vet for a check-up to see what is wrong with her?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: My domestic longhair won't eat! (This is a bit long but please take time to read it. I'm worried about my cat!!!) - PHMadameAlto, Sun Jun 13 08:31:43 2004