return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: My Cat was attacked and now won't eat- What can I do?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tigerlilly at Thu Nov 4 11:17:17 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tigerlilly ]  

Hi there! I just got all your messages, I'm glad I decided to check the thread. I'm sorry if it seemed as if I was ignoring your messages- I appreciate any and all advice. Ok, well first, I will try the tender vittles- see how that goes along with using baby food and if I could dilute A/D enough to pass through a syringe I will try that as well. I'm going to the vet today and will discuss every option possible. I am amazed to hear of that appetite pill. I can't believe your animals responded so well to it. That would be a miracle if mine would as well. And as for my dog that attacked her, I had to put her to sleep which was one of the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life- I've never done that before and if I would've had any other option, I would've used it. My dog- her name was Yoko, was a 9 years old lab/rottweiler mix and had attacked every single one of my other animals including my 15 year old toy poodle, my 10 year old rat terrier (over 5 times at least) and my husky and had repeatedly stalked my other cat in the house. SHe had never attacked (Ma-Mi) my other cat before until 2weeks ago and that was all I could take. Life was becoming too chaotic. I'm also pregnant for the first time and so I knew that I had no choice. I cry all the time over it seriously, but I know I made the right decision. SO no, the dog that attacked her is no longer a threat to any of my other animals. Sorry about the rambling...I will update on the thread after my visit today with the vet- Thanks for listening and for the advice!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: My Cat was attacked and now won't eat- What can I do? - cyclopsgrl, Tue Nov 2 18:08:50 2004