return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: 7yrs old not eating at all!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: heatherrose415 at Mon Apr 10 09:26:28 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by heatherrose415 ]  

Thank you both very much!
I brought her in on friday morning and the vet looked her over and weighed her. She was 11lbs12ozs (yes on the heavy side) and she is now 10.07 lbs. The vet explained that there probably was liver damage done from the not eating and drinking, she explained that when that happens the liver starts collecting fat from her body, something like that, which can also decrease her appetite, which is why she said i have to force feed her and keep her hydrated because that will kick her liver back into gear and it will stop collecting fat. im really bad about explaining things so im sorry if this doesnt make sense. I can never fully understand these kinds of things. Anyway, she told me to go buy a different wet food and a different dry food. And to force feed the wet food to her atleast a can a day. She said when they get sick, then get better, they generally dont want any of the food they use to have or that they were force fed. which i knew and thats why i tried the things like the broth, chicken, and lunchmeat. So when we got home i put the dry food and wet food in the bathroom while i was doing her steam treatment, when i came in to turn the water off, the food was all gone!! She ate it all by herself!! I cried with relief, lol. ever since friday her appetite has been back, she still has some congestion, but its almost gone. So i finally almost have my cat completely back!! and the vet said her liver should return to normal and not shorten her lifespan. We didnt do a blood culture or urinalysis, ive spent 300$ this month on both the cats and just couldnt afford it.
Thank you again,
Heather

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 7yrs old not eating at all!! - PHKitkat, Mon Apr 10 17:23:18 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: 7yrs old not eating at all!! - PHKitkat, Sat Apr 8 22:34:44 2006