return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

post dental surgery not healing

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: katze at Fri Jul 27 12:22:52 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by katze ]  

My cat had 2 molars & pm tooth removed Apr.25/07.The cavities were never stitched or packed.My cat went in and out of the vets 7 times until after educating myself on the internet I found that no dental work should ever be done without radiograph dental x-rays, otherwise the dentists are really working blindly.After I learned this I had my vet call in a dental vet(they go to different clinics) and do the radiograph x-rays.Sure enough,debris had collected in the unpacked cavities and infections deep down in other parts of his mouth which went undedected without the dental x-rays(normal x-ray machines cannot see this.I had the dental vet do her thing and now 3 weeks later one side is not healing.The vet(not the dental vet)doesn't know why & is trying another course of antirobe antibiotics.My cat had bloodwork done & everything is fine except he is a bit anemic(of course due to his huge weightloss from 18lbs down to 9lbs.)While at the vet no one bothered to make sure he was eating which of course he was unable to & he was only placed on IV.They don't have the time or take the time to properly force feed.I have been hand feeding him very carefully with recovery food 4x day for 1 month and he looks much better & the vet was surprised the cat hadn't lost any more weight in my care.Sometimes he eats on his own but of course it is painful.Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: post dental surgery not healing - PHKitkat, Mon Jul 30 19:06:07 2007