return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Bad odor coming from 9 month old Siamese

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: dlwil1992 at Sun Nov 23 19:28:59 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by dlwil1992 ]  

Hello,
I have a question that I was wondering if someone could help me with. We recently added a new addition to our family...a 9 month old female Seal point Siamese. Her previous owners advertised her in the paper and when we called they told us that the reason they were wanting to find her a new home was because they had two other cats that didnt like the Siamese. When we went to see the cat, I was holding her and I smelled a strange odor...it wasnt constant at the time, more like a "whiff" of something that smelled bad and then I didnt smell it anymore. Since we have had the cat at home I've figured out that the smell is coming from the cat. Its really noticable when she raises her tail. I've checked her to make sure she didnt have anything on her back end that would be causing her to smell, but I didnt find anything. My cousin had a dog that used to get the same odor and the vet told her it was caused from the dog's anal glands needing to be cleaned. Could this be true with cats, also?
The other question I have is how do I, or can I get this cat over her fear of being in a bigger room? She is a really loving and sweet cat when she is in a small room such as the bathroom, but when we bring her out into the living room she hides and wont come out. But as I said, if she is in the bathroon she purrs and meows and wants attention. Does anyone have any suggestions?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Bad odor coming from 9 month old Siamese - PHMadameAlto, Sun Nov 23 19:56:07 2003