return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: orphaned kitties - diarhea

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: carmeny at Sat Aug 6 23:48:07 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by carmeny ]  

thank you! I am keeping a close eye on them and feeding every 3-4 hours they are extremely alert - playing with toys and running around. I gave them a bath tonight because they learned to use the litter box today (the non-clumping kind) and had some stuck all over their butts! They are laying on a towel and heating pad as I write this. The last couple bowel movements were blood free but his poor little butt is quite red and inflamed - so I keep putting cream on it (that I got from the vet). I will keep my eye on them as I know all too well what can happen - we lost a cat two months ago to flutd. The first vet and spca told me it was a female so when she got sick they gave her antibiotics. Weekend came along (no vets here work on the weekends) and she was very sick - hiding, not peeing at all not eating or drinking. Had to call in an emergency vet who informed me that it was indeed a male cat - not female and had flutd. approximately 800.00 vet charge and although it broke my heart - we just couldn't afford it. But had I known it was a male I knew exactly what warning signs to look for but we were told 4 times it was a female and this was even after the vet checked her to see if she (he) was fixed. He said she had no scars so she wasn't - how could he miss the penis???

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: orphaned kitties - diarhea - Tilda, Mon Aug 8 10:44:40 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: orphaned kitties - diarhea - PHMadameAlto, Sat Aug 6 19:16:57 2005