return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

My cat KiKi will not eat.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: lealerios at Mon Jan 16 19:35:45 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lealerios ]  

I adopted a cat from the animal control/shelter and noticed he was not using the bathroom. My Vet checked him out and found that he has a slight bacterial infection and gave me antibotics for, Amoxicillan, and he found that he has a slight problem with his liver and it may be due to he not eating. He believes his liver problem is because he will not eat. Has suggested that I feed him high calorie food watered down thru a syringe. I started doing this but I feel awful, he makes wierd faces as if he seriously hates it or maybe its painful. He makes a face like he seriously has a messy face and needs to clean it. Cats normally make motion of cleaning thier face after eating but his is extreme. I thought maybe he has a tooth problem but my Vet looked at him and everything looked normal. I am afraid whatever is wrong with him I will make it worse.

He drinks water and is not dehydrated but just wont eat, not even a teaspoon worth of food. His attitude is normal, mellow but playful, curious about the dogs, not afraid(unless they bark too much), mostly very sweet. No signs of lethargy or sick. Has anyone ran into this before?

I am really afraid that this problem will not be able to be fixed and I will end up spending a large sum of money before finding out.

I just had to put a stray dog down because after spending money on her and her puppies testing and treatment, I found out that she had heartworms, ecanines, and one of her puppies had parvo, and she was shot in the leg with a pellet gun and it shattered her leg. It cost me a great deal of money trying to save these dogs, and treat my own dogs, the puppies did survive and find homes. I just dont want to go through this with my cat.

Has anyone rescued a cat with problems like this and your cat recovered?

Thanks!!

Lea

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: My cat KiKi will not eat. - PHKitkat, Mon Jan 16 23:14:20 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: My cat KiKi will not eat. - Rescuekitty1979, Tue Jan 17 12:25:15 2006