return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Cat Arthritis? Senior Cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: nalacat at Tue Dec 12 07:47:01 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by nalacat ]  

Anyone ever dealt with a cat with arthritis? I took my mom's cat that I've been caring for to the vet 2 or 3 months ago. Vet said she had a bit of arthritis in her back according to the Xray. She wasn't having issues at the time so he didn't tell me anything further.

In the past week, Nala has gone from not being able to jump onto the bed...to not being able to jump down either. Now, she can barely move. She walks a few steps and then gets tired. She can't even get into her litter box.

She has been drinking lots of water but in the past 2 days has lost interest in food somewhat, including her treats. My sister is picking her up to take her back to my mom this weekend but I'm wondering if I should take her to the vet before then or if it will be ok for her to wait til she goes to her regular vet. She was pretty traumatized by the vet I took her to last time. He was kind of a jerk and mean to her.

I ordered some glucosamine b/c I hear that helps pets with arthritis. I'm just worried that she'll have to be put down...and I'd be so heartbroken as would my mom.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Cat Arthritis? Senior Cat - PHKitkat, Tue Dec 12 19:13:08 2006