return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

New kitten hiding

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Emiwenis at Sat Jul 28 22:16:27 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Emiwenis ]  

Hi i adopted a kitten yesterday, a little black and white boy with a hitler moustache, up to date on his 1st round of shots, and 9 weeks old.

this is only the 2nd night, just fyi.

first night we brought him in the apartment and he hid behind the couch, then under my bed, til we crawled under and got him so we could put him in a "safe room" that was not carpeted, with his litter box and food and water.
He would not use his litter today, until i bought him a new/different brand of litter, then he immediately went when i left the room. He tries to run out the doors when we come to check on him. He deifnitely wants to escape his room.

he mewed all through the night last night.
today he mews for about 5 to 10 minutes after we are in the room with him and then leave and shut the door.

He hides behind the toilet and it takes a lot of coercing to get him to come out and eat or play even though he will eat from my fingers, gladly rambunciously play with his toys, and sit in our laps and knead us when we pet him.

he will not sleep in his kitty bed, only behind the toilet, hiding.

any suggestions? just time? should i let him out into the rest of the house even though he still wants to hide? i'm glad he finally figured out his litter and is eating canned mixed with hard food.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: New kitten hiding - PHWildCat, Sun Jul 29 10:09:32 2007