return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: My baby girl SkuShi

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: CarolEm&Ed at Fri Jan 27 16:26:08 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by CarolEm&Ed ]  

{{{{{Yak}}}}}

Please know that I am sending you and SkuShi all my best thoughts.

Please keep us posted.

Carol

>>Sku Shi has not been well at all lately. She started having "spells" that appear to be siezures. I've had her checked out and unfortunately, she never had one in front of the vet (more later).
>>This last week, she seemed to be very lethargic, stopped eating and drinking. I took her back to the vet. Her labwork is inconclusive; no infections, no FIP, no FIV, no thyroid problems. When she came home last night, she had a pressure bandage on her leg. The vet said he was going to leave a catheter in so that if Skoosh needed fluids, they could just hook her up. Well, this morning, her poor little foot was three times its normal size so we flew back to the vet. Turns out there was no catheter in there and the pressure bandage should have been left on for only 15 minutes! While Joanna (vet) was looking SkuShi over, she had one of her "spells". Joanna says it looks neurological and also noted that SkuShi's eyes are very dilated. Well that happens when she's stressed and a vet visit is definitely stressful. When Joanna shined a light into her eyes, there was no reaction. SkuShi's retinas and optic nerves look good, however this combined with the other symptoms does not bode well for my darling baby girl. Oh lord, I'm crying again.
>>I will be giving her subcutaneous fluids to keep her hydrated and will try to entice her to eat something........anything. I'll get some Fancy Feast and some baby food at the store.
>>I just don't think we're going to have SkuShi for much longer. She is 12, her birthday is in May.
>>I am well aware that with a 17 year old cat and a 12 year old cat, I'm basically operating on a lot of "bonus" time, however I love my cats so much, this is going to just about do me in. I just hope I do right by her when the time comes.
>>NO SMILEYS TODAY

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  My baby girl SkuShi - Yakster, Fri Jan 27 12:28:42 2006