return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: New Toy!!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: CarolEm&Ed at Mon Jul 3 13:01:58 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by CarolEm&Ed ]  

I've always wondered how well those things work.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't go over very well with my little guy. I'm guessing that Eddie would try to pack his bags and leave home before he would dare go anywhere near some strange contraption that hums and rotates.

Emily, on the other hand, would probably sit there and watch it for hours...

Carol, Emily, & Eddie

>>Okay, it's not really a toy, although my 3 maniacs seem to think so...
>>
>>I just bought a Litter Robot...a completely automated litterbox. It's this huge globe that sits on a base with a drawer in it. 7 minutes after the cat goes in it rotates and all the clean litter falls behind a screen and the dirty clumps of litter fall through holes into the drawer in the base. then is rotates back and waits for the next visitor.
>>
>>With three cats who insist on a covered pristine litterbox or else I find their "reminders" on the mat in front of the box instead of in it...and my inability to clean out the boxes all day long to accommodat them...this is the perfect solution as now each of them will always have a clean box when they go in...
>>
>>So far, so good, they took to it right away...Bentley never seems to have a problem sniffing out new litter and making it his own...and Fin seems to do whatever Bentley does...Ali took the longest to use it, but I finally saw him go in and dig around...so all is well...
>>
>>And it is pretty funny watching them run to it when it starts cycling...it has a safety feature that if a cat tries to go into it when it is moving it will stop for 15 seconds...so as you might guess the first few cycles took forever to complete...
>>
>>Here is the website if anyone else is interested, I will warn you it is pretty expensive...but for the amount of litter I consume in normal boxes plus petsitters simply to clean out the boxes everyday when we are away, it was worth it for me...
>>
>>http://www.litter-robot.com/default.aspx?ac=1?source=gaw01
>>
>>I also found this message board specifically for this unit which gives very honest feedback and some workarounds for some issues some have encounterd...I am all about research before I purchase...and found this site very informative and helpful.
>>
>>http://www.litterbox-central.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: New Toy!!!! - mskc, Fri Jul 14 12:51:58 2006

<< Previous Message:  New Toy!!!! - 2TonksHere, Sun Jul 2 08:53:52 2006