return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Silence

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: CarolEm&Ed at Wed Aug 29 14:34:51 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by CarolEm&Ed ]  

I had to laugh when I read about Liat, the fearless cricket hunter. Emily and Eddie don't seem to understand that they are supposed to chase bugs. If one gets in the house -- and, since fall is on the way I will soon be inundated with crickets (no way to keep them out of this old house) -- they will simply sit and watch it, unless they decide to ignore it. Piewacket, my dear departed little DSH, lived for the annual cricket invasion. She would go into "super hunter" mode and stay that way until the first freeze killed them all off.

And what a visual I have in my head of Fin and the balloon!
The one thing my two are good at is letting me know if, when I think I hear something in the middle of the night, it's something I should check out or if I can just go back to sleep. If they're still snoozing I know everything is okay. However, on the few occasions when they've reacted, they've stayed at the top of the stairs while I go down to investigate. No dummies here. Why put themselves at risk when mom can do it all by herself...

As for Rigby, all I can say is "awwwwwwww, what a sweetie pie"

Carol, Emily, & Eddie

>>ah ha! i love the stories! Liat guarding the house against insects and Fin being a sneaky kitty by night!
>>
>>here's mine... my Rigby has actually been on BEST behavior!! i have also been brushing him a LOT, and there's nothing better in the world he likes! so, i think he's giving me a break
>>On saturday, we watched 2 movies, and Rigby let me hold him like baby, and the darling just SLEPT. totally out cold. in my arms for a good hour, got up, and then let me hold him for another hour that way. after which, i got a bunch of nose-butts later on, as he stood on the fridge and kissed me. such a cutie!
>>and Isabella, my quiet one... got ahold of a quarter on the floor at 4 am and played a LOUD game of hockey puck, on wooden floors till i got up and told her GAME OVER!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Silence - stacyann98, Wed Aug 29 12:49:03 2007