return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Considering to adopt a Tonki

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: baka at Fri Oct 5 12:33:39 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by baka ]  

Thanks for your reflections and advice. It was not harsh at all. I completely understand my responsibilities and I am ready to give them a lot of love. That is why I want such cats that would not mind me picking them up, holding them in my arms and caressing them. I am ready to play with them as with children too. I would be sad though if i found that my cat is not into receiving my affection and prefers to hang out and play with another cat. I will make sure to give both of them lots of attention after I return from work (this would mean at least 4 hours a day). While travelling I could put them in the cat hotel or have someone come daily and check them. Which options is better by the way?

I read some postings here of people who complained that their Tonks slighted them once they got a companion. We humans are also jaleouse animals and my concern is undertandable I guess.

In terms of affordability that is not a problem for me. I can afford two. I have large apartment for them to play. But I also have antique furniture and rugs which I do not want to be destroied. Seems like it is possible to train the cat to use only scratch posts, and I hope my Tonks will not be too sttuborn not to learn it. I know they are intelligent but are they willing to learn as well?

I am in the process of searching for good kittens. I live in Washington DC area. I want one champagne mink and one natural mink. The latter seems a bit difficult to find. The breeders have champagne color more often.

Shall I get two kittens from the same litter or it is OK to bring them from different catteries?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Tonkinese versus Burmese - baka, Fri Oct 5 06:24:58 2007
<< Previous topic:  It's Been Too Quiet Here! - CarolEm&Ed, Sun Sep 30 15:26:32 2007