return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Grooming Tonks

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Fuzygupy at Thu Feb 21 02:39:45 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Fuzygupy ]  

>>My kittens hate to be brushed and wiped with the wet towels. I have not tried yet bathing them but can imagine what a fight it will be in which I may loose my eyes or skin.
>>
>>Any advice on how to get them used to regular brushing and cleaning?
>>
>>Will they become easier as they grow up or it will get worse, I wonder.
>>

Try this method: Brush then pet, brush then pet, repeat. Have the brush handy and when the kittens come seeking you for attention just hold it out and let them rub against it. When they tolerate being brushed give them an x-tra good treat they love but ONLY after they let you brush them. You want them to associate beiing brushed as a positive experience. Soon you will only have to pick the brush up and they will come running to it. As for bathing... Unless you're planning to show them or they get into something that won't come off any other way Tonks are very good at keeping themselves clean. If you want to wipe them down to help cut down on the shedding use a moist, almost dry, not wet, cloth. I know in PetSmart they have a kitty version of diaper wipes. Comes in the same kind of tub and they sell refills so you only have to buy the tub once. I carry one around to shows in case there's an 'oppsie' moment and someone needs a foot or tussie wiped. Hope this helps!
-----
PURRS!!!!
Tricia
Da-Katz Tonks
Siamese on valium/Burmese on speed!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Grooming Tonks - baka, Thu Feb 21 13:05:34 2008

<< Previous Message:  Grooming Tonks - baka, Wed Feb 13 17:29:23 2008 image in post