return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Corn Snake . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Tonkinese vs. Burmese

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Baka at Tue Feb 19 12:42:31 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Baka ]  

I got two tonks in January. I never owned a cat and for most of my life I actually disliked cats in favor of dogs. At some point my opinion changed and I decided to acquire a kitty.

I did the same type of research. Initially I wanted burmese for his character but then I was charmed by Tonkinese for their bland of beuty with the character.

Now about my innitial experience with them: I have to male kittens. They are not from the same litter but they are "cousins" - they grew up in the same house as I got them from the smae breeder. One is born in August 15 and the other in September 2.

There is quite a bit of difference in their character. They both are running afer me constantly. They want to be in the same room as I am, even though they are two they still want to be around me. The older boy is very affectionate from the day 1. He wants to cuddle with me and rolls down on the floor when he sees me. The younger one is less affectionate, he prefers to be near but does not like to be held, groomed, stroked.

Even though they wre growing in a family full of children cats and dogs (the breeder gave them really good socialization) they are shy. When guest come home they run and hide. I tried to take them as a gust to friend's house and the same happens there - they run under the sofa and I need to remove them from there, unless they would not show their face.

I guess their character will change as they grow. But overall they are very lovely.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Tonkinese vs. Burmese - newkat, Tue Feb 19 10:54:47 2008