return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Bad Weekend

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: 2TonksHere at Mon Jun 23 13:26:24 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by 2TonksHere ]  

Carol...thanks so much...I'm pretty confident you nailed it on the head...it makes perfect sense...

I ran out and tried to get the book...Borders did not have it on the shelf...but I got a comparable one...addressing the issue of misdirected aggression with the same advice...separate the aggressor and re-introduce slowly...

Fortunately...I know exactly what the "trigger" was with Bentley...Delilah...more specifically, Bentley knowing Delilah is in the other room and he cannot access her....although she has been separated for a while...it was only a few days ago where she started hanging out by the door and Alastair and Fin started the paws under the door game...Bentley must have seen this and it pushed him over the edge...

But, the only reason Delilah is separated is because she refused to play nice in the sandbox...so now, I'm pretty much left with a situation where...the Bentley's trigger will always be this adversarial presence in my home, for whatever reason is no longer accepting her behind the door and wants at her, She and Bentley will never be friends ...so even after Bentley and the other two make nice...it is just a matter of time before the cycle starts all over again...or worst case, as long as she is behind the door he won't make nice with the other two...I love him to pieces...but Bentley is as stubborn as he is pretty.

I'm having a sinking feeling the only way to restore peace is to remove Delilah from my home....I'm going to speak to my vet, who also deals with behavioral issues...

My 7 year old son is away at my in-laws this week...he's going to come home to two pets gone...what a mess...
-----
Lisa, owned by Bentley,Alastair, Finster, & Delilah

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Bad Weekend - CarolEm&Ed, Mon Jun 23 13:42:40 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: Bad Weekend - CarolEm&Ed, Mon Jun 23 10:33:49 2008