return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Some Good News!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: 2TonksHere at Tue Jun 24 19:43:00 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by 2TonksHere ]  

Shuteye's owner/breeder actually had a sense of humor...this entire litter all had to do with sleep...there was Shuteye, Naptime, Siesta, Forty Winks, Doze Off, Cat Nap and Snooze...they had another litter of laundry detergent...Wisk, Dash, Cheer, Era, Surf and Tide...

By the time I got him he was already 7 and I was sort of stuck with the name, I forget how strange it was...we just called him Shutty...he had a miserable time of it for a while...Aside from his first 4 years on the track and all that entails...he was severely neglected in his first home and re-rescued after spending 2 years outside under his owners house...it seems sometime after adopting him they redid their floors in wood...and he couldn't walk on them...so instead of teaching him...they threw him out in the yard...but Greyhounds are inside dogs, very suseptible to heat and cold...by the time the rescue got him back thanks to a concerned UPS driver, he was underweight, had no hair, and was terrified of people, He was rehabilitated then re-homed but although screened, his new owner turned out to be a basket case and she abandoned him at the pet sitter's...never to be heard of again...fortunately the pet sitter was the head of the Wilmington Greyhound chapter (where I used to live) and she was also the one who saved him from his first owner...so she called me and gave him to me. I already had Trysta who was a complete basket case from her first 3 owners abusing her and was looking for male to adopt hoping it would help Trysta's separation anxiety...luckily Shuteye was a passive male and they already knew each other from being pet-sat at the same time...so there was zero acclimation period and he really helped balance her. I feel so blessed to have been able to finally give him the love he deserved...he was truly a gift to own.

Ironically, we got Shutty, the same exact weekend we got Aston...my little Tonk bridgekid...and I'm sure they are together now.
-----
Lisa, owned by Bentley,Alastair, Finster, & Delilah

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Some Good News!!! - TerryB, Wed Jun 25 08:19:10 2008
>> Next Message:  RE: Some Good News!!! - CarolEm&Ed, Wed Jun 25 09:06:15 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: Some Good News!!! - CarolEm&Ed, Tue Jun 24 17:40:31 2008