return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Sometimes it pays to love your cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: kittyromeo at Thu Apr 5 07:23:04 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kittyromeo ]  

So I've been doing some genealogy work for a while now. Big Scary Man's father walked away from his family, joined the Marines and never went home again, and I've been trying to piece together some of his past, reclaim a little family history.

Looking for old records online the other night, I noticed a link for missingmoney.com - BSM's father is said to have abandoned an account because the money came from an uncle he didn't like. Type in his name - bingo! I've got a solid lead.

I was all excited so I typed in all sorts of family names. And I'm getting hits all over the place. $13 refund my brother never claimed. $100 in the name of BSM's grandmother. $1.76 for an uncle. Several hundred in the name of brother-in-laws ex-wife. Over $200 for BSM which didn't find him when he left for his first overseas assignment. Finally I type in my name and surprise! $156 HUH?!?!

I had a part time job for maybe, MAYBE - 2 months some 12 years ago. I had signed up for the stock buy-in and owned like .72 of one share of stock when I left, worth maybe $20. The market went up and down, the company with it and eventually the stock no longer existed. And I'm now owed $156.

Only the state wants an offical ID with the address from 12 years ago, OR a bill with that address. It was 12 years ago! I've moved several times and all mail from that era was shredded a decade ago. I don't even have tax records anymore!

But it was the address where I first lived with Romeo.

I've kept a file of vet bills for each cat. And although Romes has been dead 3 years, his file is still mostly intact. Every time I purged the file cabinet, I'd get all weepy over his folder and I'd put it back.

So thanks to Romeo, I'm claiming some cash I never knew I had from the state's unclaimed funds. Who says animals never pay us back for the love we give them?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Sometimes it pays to love your cat - gocatgo, Thu Apr 5 15:46:37 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Sometimes it pays to love your cat - PHTessie, Mon Apr 9 18:47:22 2007