return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Let's get down to the dirt.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gocatgo at Sun Aug 12 15:51:00 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gocatgo ]  

Oh hi, Ruby! What a great question. I'm here to answer it for you.

As an animal lover, I've come across the hair problem many times and have tried many different vacuums over the past 10 years, hoping to find one that will pass the cat hair and suction longevity test. (How's that for a fancy word?)

I've had Hoovers, Oreck, Kenmore, and one that was advertised on television a few years back which was bagless but I can't think of the name of it anymore. All of my old vacuums, (one or two years old), I would pass down to Pam when I gave up on it and replaced it with another one which was hopefully better than the last. I probably went through one vacuum a year looking for one that could tackle all of the fur as well as keep the suction. I even have a Roomba which now sets unused since it's so hard to clean after it does it's job.

So after trying practically every vacuum on the market, I found one that I really wanted to try. It was supposedly designed for animal hair and promised to keep it's suction forever. But the price was way beyond my small budget. After drooling over it for a few months, I decided to check them out on eBay. Lo and behold, I found just what I wanted, a brand new one still sealed in it's factory box, being sold by a pawn shop which was located in Minnesota and it still had the same warranty. It was half the price of a store bought one. And it was a 'Buy it Now' kind of deal. So no bidding, I bought it and it was delivered within a couple of days. It was just as it promised. Great condition from the pawn shop and a wonderful vacuum cleaner. I got it in early 2005 and it works as great now as it always has. It picks up all of the dog and cat hair. Cleans bare floors as well as carpets without even changing the settings. This is especially great for a dog like Gypsy, who seems to be shedding almost constantly.

It's bagless and is so easy to empty. Put a grocery plastic bag under it and press the button. Bam! The bottom opens and the contents go into the grocery bag. You'd never believe all of the hair that is in that bag. And it never loses it's suction! It's a Dyson Animal 14.

So that's my commercial for the day. Do you have a vacuum to sell to us?

Dyson DC14 Animal Vacuum

-----
Ruby and the Kitties
Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!

How wonderful to do nothing and then rest afterwards. Meow!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Let's get down to the dirt..... - cyclopsgrl, Sun Aug 12 17:31:15 2007

<< Previous Message:  Let's get down to the dirt..... - gocatgo, Sun Aug 12 15:12:02 2007