return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Back to Meatloaf

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gocatgo at Mon Aug 13 20:10:06 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gocatgo ]  

Hi Elizabeth....Great question. I'm here to answer it for you. ha!

I loved the rock 'n roll of the 50s and 60s however in late 1960s, it seemed like most of it was 'drug music' and getting worse all the time. The only singers that I liked then was Neil Diamond and Gary Puckett.... and a little later, the BeeGees and Exile.

Country music was something that my dad listened to, not me. However on his country station, I happened to hear a singer that I really liked. It was in about 1970 or '71. The song was "The Taker" and the singer was Waylon Jennings. So I started listening to country to hear Waylon and get away from the drugged singers. (Ha. Little did I know!) By 1975, I had every record that Waylon recorded and to this day have more than 30 of his album. I also like Alabama, T.G. Sheppard, and Mickey Gilley. I missed all of the 70s, 80s and 90s, rock drug music stuff. When Waylon died in 2002, I lost interest in country music and started listening to soft rock on the radio at work.

In my car, I now play CDs from the 70s and 80s: BeeGees, Exile, T.G. Shephard ("Devil in the Bottle" and "Tryin' to Beat the Morning Home", Temptations, and in slot number six is Meatloaf. I saw the Meatloaf movie on TV in the late '90s and asked Josh who it was. He said, "I don't know, some old dude from the 70s or 80s." I thought he was a great singer, bought the video, bought his cds and I was on my way to being a fan of Meatloaf. I'm still listening to his music.

Suffice it to say, that I play all music over and over again until I get sick of it and don't want to hear them anymore.

-----
Ruby and the Kitties
Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!

How wonderful to do nothing and then rest afterwards. Meow!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Back to Meatloaf - kittyromeo, Mon Aug 13 22:43:38 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Back to Meatloaf - ttpurr4cat, Tue Aug 14 04:25:54 2007

<< Previous Message:  Back to Meatloaf - kittyromeo, Mon Aug 13 15:41:34 2007