return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: A Serious Topic

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: kittyromeo at Sun Oct 28 23:22:33 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kittyromeo ]  

Since the rolling blackout that took out much of the eastern US a few years ago I've kept bottle water stockpiled. I use to have a carrier big enough to handle all three cats in a pinch but someone borrowed it last year and never returned it. That is a problem - Stink could and would shred any pillow case I stuffed her in. Paperwork is in a fire safe and we just did a review - found one policy that wasn't updated with the rest two years ago when we married. opps!

Having lived in a building that caught fire 5 times in 3 years, I think most people don't realise just how easy it is to start a fire. And some say you should replace those smoke detectors every 10 years, more often if you smoke. It was the first thing I did when I moved in with BSM.

Sometimes I get a bit irritated with endless lists of things "in case of emergency". They come across as an overwhelming amount of work to many people when we really need to keep a few critical basics - up to date insurance, smoke detectors, CO2 detectors, water, daily meds, pet carrier of any sort, a list of phone numbers in your wallet, a half a tank of gas. And look around your life/home/situation - I don't carry jumper cables in my car because sooner or later someone will come along who has them, but the lamp in the baby's room was choosen to help me break a window in case of fire.

And another thing - our neighbor was broken into, and shortly after police busted a guy who had two houses - several semi truck loads - of stolen goods, mostly tools. They had a warehouse where you could come claim your stolen items. So off went our neighbor with his ID and police report in hand only to be stopped at the door because he didn't have purchase receipts as proof he ever owned what he claimed was stolen! Hearing that, I went around the house and took photos of anything I thought someone might want to walk off with, in place, then e/m them to myself on my yahoo account. If my computer dies from fire, flood, wind or my own stupidity, they are out there in cyberspace. (should have burned them to CD as well)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: A Serious Topic - PHTessie, Wed Oct 31 20:02:59 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: A Serious Topic - cyclopsgrl, Sun Oct 28 18:20:04 2007