return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Commander in Chief

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: 3coolcats at Fri Feb 15 16:21:29 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by 3coolcats ]  

I have no clue...you all can figure it out. LOL!

It used to be hands down...Al. But that was before Sheridan went to the Bridge a little over 2 years ago. And before Cookie came to live with us 2 years ago.

Right away Cookie let Al know that he would not tolerate being picked on. Any time Al tried, Cookie would swat him down and give him "the look". The same cat who never backed down if Sheridan or Cali didn't want to mess around, would immediately back down. He tried this for a year with Cookie with the same result each time. Cookie had been picked on unmercifully by the other cat in his former home and I guess he wasn't going to let that happen again. Cookie is also a bit older than Al so maybe he was letting "the youngin" know not to mess with him.

However Al still continued to let Cali know he was boss over her. When he got the notion he'd chase her unmercifully like always. Alot of times we had to step in cause he forgets he's just playing and starts to get mean and then she cowers and cries for help.

But with the last few months we've been seeing something....or not seeing something. Al doesn't do this anymore. When he does try, Cookie steps in and swats Al until Cali gets away and then won't let Al chase her. It's not like they are best buds....Cookie doesn't really like sharing sleeping space with the others unless he's cold. He prefers a human to the other cats. And lately Cali actually will do things to pick on poor Al. He'll walk by and suddenly THWACK Cali has pounced on him and wrestling him. But if he tries to chase her out comes Cookie. Cali doesn't try anything with Cookie. The first and only time she did, she got a hiss and "the look" and she hasn't tried it since.

For food they all take turns eating. Typically Al is first cause he has to eat at the same time every day or he sounds as if he's dying the way he carries on. But Cali and Cookie make their way in eventually and eat as well. Lap times....let's see Cookie cause he loves humans, never Cali cause she still won't do it, and Al only when it's cold but he just goes to the lap that doesn't have Cookie.

Bed time......Al. He's got bed rights first. Always has. Sometimes Cookie will join us but he doesn't push Al off or even move him over. He just finds his own spot. Mostly he sleep in the living room cause he's already been in bed with miss Katelyn for a few hours and we've let him out. Can't keep him in her room all night cause there's no litter box in there and he'll beg to come out at midnight if we forget. Cali just sleeps on an extra pillow nearby.

I don't know. Maybe it is Cookie now but I'm just reluctant to give up Al's long time status cause I know it bothers my poor boy. LOL!

Kathryn

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Commander in Chief - cyclopsgrl, Sat Feb 16 14:59:46 2008

<< Previous Message:  Commander in Chief - kittyromeo, Sat Feb 9 08:56:18 2008